The list includes a brand new venue, Berkeley HS, as well as plenty of changes.
The Carolina Winter Ensemble Association (CWEA) has released their list of 2019 events. The schedule includes plenty of changes, as well as a brand new event.
- The competitive season will kick off on January 27, 2019, with CWEA Premiere South and West, with Premiere North the following weekend.
- February 9th will be host to CWEA Clover, moved from it’s March date in 2018.
- CWEA Berkeley will debut on February 16th as a replacement for the York event. Pickens will also host an event on this date, unchanged from last year’s time frame.
- Mooresville will join Woodmont on February 24th, replacing the Mt. Pleasant event.
- Ardrey Kell is the sole event on March 2nd. White Knoll will join Byrnes the following week on March 9th.
- Rock Hill will once again host an event on the penultimate week of the CWEA season on March 16th.
- Color Guard Championships will be held on March 23rd. A, Open and World Class will compete at Winthrop University, while Novice, Cadet, and Regional Classes will compete at Northwestern High School
- Percussion and Winds will finish the CWEA season on March 24th at Winthrop University
The full schedule of events can be viewed on the CWEA website.